The Harry Hole series by Norwegian author Jo Nesbø follows Harry Hole, a tough detective working for Crime Squad and later with the National Criminal Investigation Service (Kripos).
We offer a guided walk on Friday. The guided walk will be held in English. We recommend you wear sensible walking shoes.
Friday 21st April 2017 at 13:30 – Discover Harry Hole’s Oslo
This walk will start outside Best Western Hotel, Karl Johans gate 33 at 13:30, and will include some of the locations in the books about Harry Hole, more details will follow later. The walk will take 2 hours, and end at Schrøder Restaurant at 15:30, which is just a 3 minutes walk from our venue.
More about Harry HoleHole takes on seemingly unconnected cases, sometimes found to involve serial killers, bank robbers, gangsters or the establishment, but also spends a significant amount of time battling alcoholism and his own demons. The Harry Hole novels are multi-layered, violent and often feature women in peril, as typified by The Snowman.
The Harry Hole novels
- Flaggermusmannen (1997) (English: The Bat, 2012)
- Kakerlakkene (1998) (English: Cockroaches, 2013)
- Rødstrupe (2000) (English: The Redbreast, 2006)
- Sorgenfri (2002) (English: Nemesis, 2008)
- Marekors (2003) (English: The Devil’s Star, 2005)
- Frelseren (2005) (English: The Redeemer, 2009)
- Snømannen (2007) (English: The Snowman, 2010)
- Panserhjerte (2009) (English: The Leopard, 2011)
- Gjenferd (2011) (English: Phantom, 2012)
- Politi (2013) (English: Police, 2013)
- Tørst (March 2017) (English: The Thirst, March 2017)
More about Jo Nesbø
Jo Nesbø (born 29 March 1960) is Norway’s most selling author. His book have been translated into over 40 languages. Nesbø is primarily known for his crime novels about Inspector Harry Hole, but his Doctor Proctor series (childrens books) is also quite well known world wide.
In addition to being an author, Jo Nesbø is also a musician, former economist and reporter. He is the main vocalist and songwriter for the Norwegian rock band Di Derre.
The Olav Johansen novels
- Blod på snø (2015) (English: Blood on Snow, 2015)
- Mere blod (2015) (English: Midnight Sun, 2015)
- The Kidnapping (2016)
- Karusellmusikk (2001) – short stories
- Det hvite hotellet (2007) (English: The White Hotel)
- Hodejegerne (2008) (English: Headhunters) – Adapted into the 2011 film of the same name.
- Sønnen (2014) (English: The Son, 2014)
Sources: Wikipedia, own knowledge