We are delighted to announce our first guest author: Stian Hole!
He is a Norwegian author of children’s books, illustrator and graphic designer. Stian Hole has created six beautifully illustrated picturebooks which have received national and international recognition. For Garmann’s Summer, Stian won an Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Award, the German Youth Literature Prize and a Bologna Ragazzi Award. Hole is also a book designer, he makes many book covers each year and he loves to read.
Picture books with texts and illustrations by Stian Hole:
- 2005: The Old Man and The Whale (translated into Danish and Swedish)
- 2006: Garmann’s Summer (translated into approx. 20 languages, also English)
- 2008: Garmann’s Street (translated into at least 10 languages, also English)
- 2010: Garmann’s Secret (translated into at least 10 languages, also English)
- 2013: Anna’s Heaven (translated into at least 7 languages, also English)
- 2015: Morkel’s Alphabet (translated into German, Danish and Swedish)
Books illustrated by Stian Hole:
- 2013: Night Guard, texts by Synne Lea, a children’s book with poetry (translated to 4 languages, also English)
- 2016: «Sanne gleder» («true pleasures»), texts by Lars Saabye Christensen (not translated yet)
You can see more of his beautiful illustrations at pinterest.
To get to know the author and illustrator Stian Hole a little better, take a look at these interviews and presentations:
Author interview with Stian Hole at www.eerdmans.com
A Conversation with Norwegian Author-Illustrator Stian Hole at blaine.org
Youtube-interview (in Norwegian):